Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Cyberport Startup Alumni Association (CSAA) has been scheduled as follows:
Date: 15 December 2023, Friday
Time: 3:00pm to 6:00pm (registration will start from 2:30pm)
Venue: Smart Living Lab, Core C, Level 3, Cyberport 3
a) To receive a report from the Co-Presidents of CSAA
b) CSAA Election for Executive Committees of term 2024-2025
c) Christmas Party
NOTES TO MEMBERS
For admission to the Meeting and verification purpose, member is required to present your HKID card (or Passport, if HKID card is not available) for verification purpose before joining the AGM.
To vote in the Meeting, you must attend the meeting in person.
Arrangement in Case of Typhoon and Black Rainstorm Warning in Force
The CSAA AGM 2023 would be postponed in case of Typhoon Signal No. 8 (or higher) or Black Rainstorm Signal is in force at any time from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on 15 December 2023. An email would be sent to members as soon as possible advising the rescheduled date, time and venue of the CSAA AGM 2023. Announcement of AGM arrangement would also be published on CSAA website.
Please register at below link no later than 3:00pm on 13 December 2023.
Cyberport Startup Alumni Association (CSAA)
Election of the CSAA Executive Committees
Nominations are invited for the election of the CSAA Executive Committees at the coming Annual General Meeting 2023 on Thursday, 15 December 2023. Each elected member will serve as an Executive Committee for a term of two (2) years from 2024 to 2025.
According to the paragraph 16 of the CSAA constitution, the Executive Committee shall be the executive body of the CSAA, and shall have the overall management of the affairs, administration and operation of the CSAA.
According to paragraph 18 of the CSAA constitution, the Executive Committee shall consist of at least three (3) but no more than twenty-one (21) elected members. According to paragraph 33 of the CSAA constitution, and the executive committee agreement on Thursday, 31 October 2023, there will be two (2) co-presidents, among total of twelve (12) Executive Committees in the term of 2024 to 2025.
According to paragraph 19 of the CSAA constitution, a person is eligible to be nominated for the election of the CSAA Executive Committee if he/she has been a full member of CSAA for not less than half (0.5) years, and a retiring member is eligible for re-election.
According to paragraph 61 of the CSAA constitution, nominee must be nominated in writing by one proposer and one seconder who are full member of association.
Nomination must be put forward by way prescribed by CSAA Nomination Form. Nominee is required to attach a brief biography of the company, and himself/ herself, in English/ Chinese, of not more than 300 words and a copy of his/ her photograph for publication to members, along with the nomination form.
Validity of Nomination Forms
All nomination forms shall be clearly completed with the required information and bear the signature of the nominators and nominee.
1. One form is required for each nomination. Nomination must be put forward by way of this CSAA Nomination Form. No proposal will be accepted without the consent of the nominee.
2. Eligibility of nomination:
- Nominee/ Candidate must be full member of CSAA for not less than half (0.5) years at the time of nomination
- Nominator must be full member of CSAA
- Full members are graduate incubatees of Cyberport Incubation Programme (CIP) and graduate grantees of Cyberport Creative Micro Fund (CCMF), who is the applicant/ founder of CIP/ CCMF
3. The nominator, or in his absence the seconder, is requested to introduce the nominee/ candidate at the AGM. Alternatively, a written introduction can be forwarded with this nomination form for reading at the AGM.
4. This nomination form must be signed by registered full members.
5. Completed nomination forms should be returned to CSAA Secretariat Office by email ([email protected]), and will be considered valid only if they arrive on or before 12:00pm Monday, 20 November 2023.
6. Elections shall be conducted on the basis of a simple majority vote of Full members present, in person or by proxy, at the AGM. Candidate who received the highest number of votes shall be offered the subject position.